Thursday, August 18, 2005

Slacking

I was thinking about slacking today. Not only because I've being a slacker when it comes to writing in my blog but also because I choose to not do enough in many parts of my life.

For the last two days I've been saying to myself that I would email Karyn and that I would read John. Have I done any of those things? no.... I've done other productive things but the things that I've deliberately set out to do I haven't gotten around to. I'm thinking of starting a list and locking myself in my room until everything is done. That would get things done.. I'd go crazy but everything that I needed to be done would be finished.

I've been slacking in my prayer life as well. I'll be praying and then my mind will wander and I'll end up having a conversation with myself instead of with God. I find that I barely ever even finish my prayers because I'll get sidetracked. It happens so often. I try so hard not to but it still happens. I'm going to pray for God's help in this situation because I can't do it on my own. I was praying the bible the other day and I didn't get sidetracked then so I think I'm going to do that more often and stand up and walk around while I'm praying. Those things will most likely help.

I was reading something in Proverbs yesterday... or maybe it was the day before... I don't remember but it talked about laziness and I was going to write it down and give it to Andrew but it seems that right now I'm in need of it as well. I'm being extremely lazy and that's not what I was made to do. I have lots of energy, I have nothing wrong with my legs or my arms or anything so that brings me to thinking that I wasn't meant for sitting around on my butt all day doing nothing. I'm supposed to be out doing things.

I was talking to my little brother about Jesus today. He's so adorable and he loves sitting and talking with me. He would much rather talk about lamps though... I tried talking about heaven and stuff with him . He was really cute , I told him God lived in heaven and he said he wanted to fly up to see him. I told him that God made the trees and stuff and he thought that that was cool. My baby is the greatest kid in the world. I spent the whole morning with him. We listened to Jesus music while I gave him a massage and put lotion on to his arms and legs and hands and feet. We made a bracelet and a necklace too and he's been wearing them all day which is surprising because normally they would've been given back to me after a half an hour of him wearing them.

I've had a good day, My moms going to take me shopping for swimming shorts soon and tonight I'm going to spend some time with God and I'm going to read John. I really like that book, It's all Jesus-y:).

7 comments:

Brent, the one and only, unless your name is Brent said...

My prayers get sidetracked too, alot as well, I'll take your advice...

Umm locking yourself in your room is great and all but not if you can't get out once you've done all those things... I'm sitting in a locked room that I can't get out of because I forced myself to read everyones blog.

-Brent

PS. PLEASE HELP ME, I'm in my downstairs closet, someone come here and let me out.

Christine said...

i totally get sidetracked too! I think it happens to everyone. But it just takes a LOT of work NOT to get sidetracked! Love ya! See ya tuesday! God Bless

Ashley said...

thats for sure, im finding it very difficult but it is also very possible so with God's help I'm going to keep working on it. Love you too! God bless.

Christine said...

for sure! :D

Karyn Baker said...

Hey, babe - I didn't know you had a blog! Congrats! Umm....I have to go back and READ it now.... :):)

Karyn Baker said...

Wow - great post. It sounds to me like you haven't been lazy at all today - you shared and were Jesus to your little brother in many ways. Very, very cool.

Love you,
Bakes
xoxoxoxo

- Servant of God - said...

Quoting Micheal Collins -
"Don't beat yourself up over how many times you get side tracked, but give yourself a good pat in the back for everytime that you realize it and start praying again"