Sunday, September 11, 2005

Words have power

I'm frustrated and quite upset. Words are so powerful and even when they're not said to you they can still affect you. I believe my frustration is more of a built up thing... I've been angry about this same subject many times but every time it came up I would let it slide. I'd just say to myself that it wasn't worth confronting. It turns out it was. I didn't confront this problem so it has come up again and again. I've hit a point where I can't let it slide anymore though. Now I'm not the only one being hurt by this so it has to be dealt with.

I'm not sure how I'm going to do this though. I'm very afraid of damaging a friendship. I know that leaving this alone will damage it even more than confronting it will though... So, I'm not really sure why this fear is here. I was hoping for you guys to pray for me.. Pray that the words and the courage needed will be given to me because right now I have none of that.

Proverbs 13:3He who guards his lips guards his life, but he who speaks rashly will come to ruin.
Psalm 141:3Set a guard over my mouth, O LORD; keep watch over the door of my lips.
Proverbs 12:18Reckless words pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing.

8 comments:

Brent, the one and only, unless your name is Brent said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brent, the one and only, unless your name is Brent said...

Sorry...

What I meant to say was...

I'll pray for you, but if you ever need someone to talk to you know my email and it is very flexible.

-Brent
PS. Words do hurt, I've been going through slanderish words against me, different thing really but I know what your talking about none-the-less.

Brent, the one and only, unless your name is Brent said...

GWAH

*and my time is very flexible*
-Brent

Brent, the one and only, unless your name is Brent said...

Really this is annoying

*Schedule instead of time*

Karyn Baker said...

You know, if you scroll up and down really fast on this page, it's like all Brent's little cartoon guys are coming alive. Very entertaining....as is Brent's frustration with his words. :)

Never forget that you guys are both loved greatly. Yes, by us here on earth, but more by a Father is not even able to fail you. And I like all the scriptures - they are absolutely appropriate. Perhaps Matthew 18, too, on how to approach someone who has sinned against you?

Love you.

Ginger Ale said...

Your in my prayers! Lots of love!

Christine said...

umm haha bakes, thats hilarious, i scrolled, but i didnt see it come alive :(

Yes, Ashley, we love you but God loves you a MILLION times more! Just have patience with the situation thats goin on with your thoughts!

<3

Anonymous said...

I know it's hard but yuo do have to talk to this person no matter what happens we all love you so much
love april