Sunday, November 27, 2005

mediocre

I've been praying a lot lately about settling for mediocre work. I've been in this area where I will be okay with something as long as it is better than most other people. Like, in my biology class, I'm getting 79%, which is absolutely horrible compared to what my science marks are usually like, yet because it is the highest mark in the class, i'm content with it. Now, I know I can do better, I know I should be doing better, yet the extra time and effort that I'd be putting into it just doesn't seem very appealing. I often feel like that in my christian walk as well. I often want to step out of my comfort zone and do something but a lot of the time I find myself talking myself out of it before I even try. I get telling myself that nothings going to work, that it wouldn't make any difference, and other words of destruction. I've been praying a lot for help sticking with things. For help to continue doing what I know I should be doing even when things get the way, help getting through these obstacles that I usually trip and fall over. Help getting up even if I do fall. Help to continue, to perservere.

2 comments:

Brent, the one and only, unless your name is Brent said...

One, you were not created to be mediocre. Remember Jesus says that we will be able to do anything he did and above and beyond what he did. And that is amazing when you think about, I mean what Jesus did was definitly not mediocre.

The tough part is the faith in this. The enemy will tell us that because we are sinners we can never be holy. Though through sin we are not holy but Jesus died so we may live in the kingdom for all eternity and be holy servants to the Lord.

Don't beat yourself up about this though. Apologize to God about it.

What I do in school, is believe that God is going to mark my Socials test, and I want to do my very best for God right? Usually when I have that mind set the effort comes because I want to, not because I have to strive to not be lazy.

Hopefully some of that makes sense.

We should chat some more over some coffee or something, it's been ages since we've had a one on one discussion.

-Brent

Ashley said...

I think that sounds good.