Sunday, October 02, 2005

X {LR}: 8


Who am I?

That was what our first sessions were about. Finding out who we are in ways such as our:
S piritual gifts
H eart
A bilities
P ersonality
E xperience

I actually thought that Dave Allen speaking on this was really cool. He had done the "purpose driven life" in his church so a lot of what he talked about came from the book. I thought it was cool because he talked on all the things that I was reading at the time in my book. Super amazing if I must say so myself.

Mentors

That was what our second sessions were about. An amazing man named Darian Kovacs came and talked to us on this and what he said was really moving. He recounted several experiences with mentors and talked about how important they are. He talked about different kinds of mentors and said some amazing things that I will definetly repeat for you.

"Mentors can be stability during a storm,
Mentors can be truth in the midst of lies"
"you can set fire into someones life"
*"Is Jesus enough?"
"I want to be a fire sparker, not a fire fighter."
Those were some things that Darian mentioned that hit me and stuck out.
Do you want to know what my favourite part of the weekend was though? It was that we were a family. Some of us had just met eachother yet we all got along, we all talked to one another as if we had known eachother forever. It was amazing and I really want to see that in our church. I want that sense of family that I don't really see all the time. I think it would be the greatest thing in the world to be able to see all of us come together and be united as the body of Christ even just in refuge. But I don't want it to end at refuge either, God's been talking to me about a lot of things this weekend and unity was definetly a topic that came up a lot.
I thought this weekend was needed and it set me on fire. For awhile i've been feeling like my fires been very close to dieing, Iw as ready to give up. This was taking too much work and I wasnt seeing any changes. My fire was kindled this weekend though, it is now a consuming fire.
Darian Kovacs said that Olive trees take up to three generations to bear fruit. So thats like investing yourself in someone as a mentor, it takes time and you might not see fruit right away.
So those are some of my thoughts for right now.. There's a lot more in my head but I'll write them at some other point in time...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blog boom has companies scrambling to set standards
Greg Brown for two years has kept an online diary of his daily life, a window into his world for ... In mid-May, the computer company, which employs more than 10,000 in the Raleigh-Durham, N.
Hi, I was just blog surfing and found you! If you are interested, go see my minerals and vitamins related site. It isnt anything special but you may still find something of interest.

Brent, the one and only, unless your name is Brent said...

I learnt something over the weekend not brought up by the discussions, book, or anything.

God wants us to do everything we do for his glory.

2 Timothy 2:15
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.

Whether it be work, school, or sleeping, do it for god and bring him praise, handle every oppertunity your given to bring God pleasure and praise.

Thats what I learnt and what God keeps bringing up lately.

I talked about XLR:8 on my blog too, which you don't have linked...
:'(

-Brent

No body loves me

Anonymous said...

Cool beans!!

Christine said...

hey roomie!! :D nice blog!